What kind of e-waste is accepted?
Small types of e-waste such as those listed below. Larger items may need to be recycled through other means.
|Charging cords||TV remotes, game controllers|
|Cell phones, tablets, iPods, MP3 players||Wireless chargers|
|Computer mouse||Other small e-waste|
Where do I put e-waste?
- If they are small enough, place them in a Big Green Box found at any of the below locations:
- Kirby Hall of Civil Rights atrium
- RISC 203
- Van Wickle atrium
- Farinon Student Center room 132
- Kirby Sports Center room 218
- For department-specific waste and larger items, contact Christine Oliver in Environmental Health and Safety – email@example.com
- If your items are still in good condition and working, you may be able to donate them to the thrift store on campus. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your items to see if they can be accepted.
How can a department obtain and return a bin?
Big Green Boxes can be obtained through Environmental Health and Safety. See the Battery Recycling Page for details.
Where can I go for more information?
Can I bring in electronics from home to recycle?
These programs are intended for campus e-waste. For personal e-waste, we encourage you to check your local municipalities website or take your e-waste to Best Buy (or other vendors), especially for bigger items such as televisions. You can find your closest drop-off location at earth911.com.