What can be recycled?
|Juice and milk cartons
|Cardboard without food residue (break down boxes first)
|Plastic film – includes plastic grocery bags, produce bags, bread bags, food storage bags, and more
|Food and drink containers made of plastics #1-7 (rinse out food and remove lid before recycling)
|Glass jars and bottles in the colors clear, green, and brown (rinse out food and remove lid before recycling)
|White paper, colored paper, glossy paper, cardstock, newspapers and magazines, envelopes, non-metallic wrapping paper
Recycling is taken by our hauler to the Bethlehem Transfer and Sorting Facility.
Where do I put recyclables?
- In any recycling bin located around campus (in dorms, academic buildings, or outside)
- If cardboard does not fit in the recycling bin, it may be placed neatly between the wall and the bin
- Indoor recycling bins will typically be blue or labeled with blue signage
- Outdoor recycling bins will be labeled “recyclables”
What should the bin setup look like?
- Recycling bins should always have a clear bag inside them
- Trash and recycling bins should always be next to each other, not one alone. We call this co-location.
- If you see the setup is not as described, please put in a work order here
Where can I go for more information?
How can students in off-campus housing recycle?
- For off-campus recycling options, please refer to the City of Easton’s policies